Off-cycle / summer internship
LoyalRate is a London-based marketplace that enables customers to bulk-buy their everyday local purchases in advance. Individual customers benefit from discounts and rewards for their loyalty and support, while local businesses benefit from receiving cashflow upfront. We are looking to expand our team, both in London and remotely around the world.
About this internship
- We do not require you to have any experience! Just a go-getter, I-can-do attitude, being hungry and street-smart will do.
- This internship is fully tailored to you: Your strengths, your weaknesses, your interests and your schedule!
- Work anywhere, any time! Remote is OK with us – you don’t need to be in London! Also, you can work any time you like, as long as the weekly tasks are done!
- Flexible starting date: We’re flexible on when the internship starts. Whether you have another job this summer, or have a thesis / study commitment, just let us know and we can arrange a suitable arrangement.
- We are looking to create a position that perfectly fit you and your experience as an individual, and this flexible internship is the chance for both of us to learn what works best for you. There’s no pre-determined position here for this post, we’ll hire you for what you do best!
For most internships, the expected workload will be c. 10 hours a week and no more than 15 hours a week, on a part-time basis. Even if you have another job or have study commitment, we can be easily fit around your existing schedule. If you’d like to work full-time, we can also arrange for a full-time commitment depending on your situation.
As part of your internship, you will be working directly with Mai (our founder), having the chance to collaborate with some other interns in team projects and working together with other LoyalRate staff. You will be directly reporting to, and be coached by Mai, and learn from our full team (including, but not limited to, Product Manager, Front/Back end Developer, and Designer who works on our product). You will also have the chance to engage with beta users directly.
You will be given tasks at the beginning of the week via team collaboration tools. You have the flexibility to complete these tasks within your own time, or liaise with your team mates to achieve the weekly assignment. Toward the end of the week, there will be a weekly meeting to discuss your output and with prompt weekly feedback given for you to improve.
The internship will be paid and remote, enabling you to fit the work around your study schedule, enrich your CV and gain valuable skills while studying/having other life commitments.
If we have found a great mutual fit between you and our company throughout this apprenticeship, we’ll consider you for a full-time role in our company after the internship. If we found that you are better suited for another company, e.g. one of a larger size/later stage, we’ll happily provide reference and intros where appropriate.
We are a highly motivated, entrepreneurial, ambitious team with a passion for business, and having fun at work. As part of this team, we are looking for talented and very motivated interns, with an appetite to create lasting relationships in order to grow the business of LoyalRate. As part of this internship, you will learn skills across a variety of business fields while working with others in a team. You can choose exposure in any of the following. Since the internship is structured in weekly cycles, you also continue to change your preferences throughout the internship and mix & match these fields once you learn more about yourself:
- Marketing: Work with us on marketing tasks to develop LoyalRate presence in the UK market
- Operations / HR: Building operational processes and assisting with the recruitment process of sales team members
- Fundraising: Work with us on fundraising tasks and prepare key materials for investor meetings
- Accounting: Work with us on book-keeping tasks and prepare our annual financial statements
- Sales: Pro-actively support the business development team to approach and acquire new clients through defining new business opportunities and unique pitches
- Business strategy and development: Support the planning and execution of campaigns and projects to grow our share of the market
- Product: Execute product development plans, prepare material to support the commercial offer and participate in key account meetings
- Finance and Lending: Work with us to build our loan product from scratch, utilising data and make key strategic decision to build a robust financial product
- Legal: Provide legal strategy around the execution of our product development, prepare material to support shareholders and existing legal commitments, prepare our regulatory approvals, review our existing agreements and participate in key meetings
- Smart cookie: You are working towards, or already have, an excellent bachelor’s / master’s degree from a reputable university
- Great communicator: Confidence in communication and a persuasive and engaging writing style
- Analytics lover: Fluent use of excel / data / analytics software / details oriented
- Fast learner & self-starter: Ability to learn quickly and get stuck-in
- Positive character: Looking for the up-side, a team player with drive, conscientious with a strong hands-on mentality
- English speaker: English language native / fluent, other languages are a plus
- Availability: Available for a 3-6 months part-time, flexible, remote internship. Possibility to transfer into a permanent role upon successful completion
Why this opportunity?
- A proven business model with strong potential growth
- Opportunity to join and shape the new UK entity of a fast-growing digital startup at an early stage
- Autonomy and decision making capabilities from day one
- Great opportunities for personal development and focused career training
- Professional reference at the end of your internship
- A dynamic and motivated team, working in a professional and fun environment
- Flexible working models and remote, possible to fit the work around your study schedule, enrich your CV and gain valuable skills while studying
- Possibility to transfer into a permanent role upon successful completion
We look forward to receiving your application with your CV – Please apply here. Please also include your availability and work arrangement preference.
Have more questions?
Talk to us! We’re always available to help.